Tuesday 26 July 2011

Outfit Staples


Right now, there are a few accessories that I cannot be without.

PEARLS
I have this fake-o long "pearl" necklace that was left behind in my boyfriend's flat. Goodness knows why, I think one of them was cross-dressing for a party or something. Never mind! I have claimed them for my own now, and we are inseparable.

SCHOOL SCARF
Kind of wanting to start a collection of old school/university scarves. I got this one from Armstrongs Vintage in Edinburgh, it's big and wooly and not overly thick. I am quite enamoured with the idea of creating my own "school uniform", a la Blair Waldorf, I think I always have been. Next on the list: school ties.

WINGED EYELINER
I bought MAC's liquid liner a week or so ago. It is my favourite, as it has absolutely ridiculous staying power, and I am notorious for forgetting I have makeup on and rubbing/touching/whatever my eyes. Plus, it is the blackest of black. I would wear it eternally if it weren't for the fact that my skin needs a breather every so often. On my way to perfecting the feline flick at the corners.

What are your top three style staples?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can NOT go without a certain necklace at the moment - I tend to accessorise around it at all times :).. Got to love sentimental accessories!

In the lovely summer weather I love wearing those flower-clip-things in my hair.. I have one to match each of my bikinis because they're PERFECT for clipping back your hair after a swim :) I just wish I had one to match EVERY outfit!

Another must have this summer (for me) is bangles... lots of wooden bangles :) I love wearing them on everything (and they match my necklace) so haven't stopped nicking my sister's even after I bought my own!

Love your accessories list - I know what you mean about pearls or pearl-lookalikes... they're absolutely irresistable and have the ability to make everything look slightly more classy!

autumn jordan said...

Lovely post! Totally smitten with the violet color of your scarf. Violet is one of those colors that jut transitions from season to season so effortlessly.

My style staples lately are:
1) lipstick, I'm currently in love with MAC's "chatterbox" and "rebel"
2) headbands / headscarves, since cutting my hair short these have become sort of a security blanket for me
3) toms, they're just sooo comfy and go with almost everything.

lovelovelove,
autumn jordan
http://we-are-infinite.blogspot.com

a fashion blogger said...

your scarf is beyond classy. <3

my staples:

1 a white vneck
2 a lace bandeau
3 my reggae themed headband

<3

wispyandsmitten.blogspot.com

miss annie said...

I really like your blog! cute photos!

J said...

Great outfit! Realy like it! :)
Nice blog! :))

http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

Tegan said...

love your blair waldorf uniform idea, I love Jenny's take on it as well so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! Just found your blog, love it <3 xo

Amber said...

Cool photo! I love your style. My three style staples:

1) Leather Jacket
2) Dansko Clogs
3) Jeans

K said...

love your blog and this post:)

http://gingergirl171.blogspot.de/

Post a Comment